Monday, October 17, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash

From greenereating.com.

I harvested three beautiful butternut squash from my garden this afternoon.  These squash were planted along my fence in a different area from the rest of the veggies, and the only reason they turned out as well as they did is that my neighbor dutifully irrigates his yard on the other side of the fence.  Thus the squash got watered too.  I believe he had a squash growing on his side of the fence from my vine, which of course I graciously bequeathed to him. 

3 c. cubed butternut squash
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1 t. smoked paprika
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/4 t. pepper


  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Toss all ingredients in a medium bowl.
  • Spray a cookie sheet and spread squash in single layer.
  • Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Turn squash and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until desired crispiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment