Friday, October 21, 2011

Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

By Caitlin Wilson Rivera.

I haven't officially tried this yet but I have a pie in my freezer and I have sampled all of the parts, so I have a pretty good feeling that this recipe is going to be a keeper.  Thus I throw caution to the wind and post this gem that I plan to enjoy tonight after my boys are in bed and the evening is mine.

Crust:
1 1/2 c raw almonds
1/4 c honey or agave nectar

Filling:
1 1/2 sliced banana
walnuts
1 c raw cashews
2 bananas (very ripe)
pinch of salt
1 t vanilla
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c agave nectar

To make the crust, in a food processor grind the raw almonds into a fine powder.  After it looks almost like flour add the agave nectar or honey and process until well combined. Empty the contents into a pie plate and flatten with your fingers to make the crust. The crust will not go all the way up to the top, but it should be close.

Lay banana slices out on the crust just so it covers the bottom.  Sprinkle with walnuts

To make the filling, in a food processor grind cashews into a flour.  Then add bananas, salt, vanilla, cocoa, and agave, and process until mixed well.  Pour contents into pie plate over top of bananas and walnuts.  Spread filling out evenly.  Cover and freeze until solid.  Remove pie from freezer and let thaw 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment